A customer recently asked us this question so we turned it into a blog post, in case someone else wonders: How to take off Waxhead Sunscreen at the end of the day? Well, it depends which sunscreen:
1) If it's our Sport Sunscreen, which is very thick and tough, using lots of warm soapy water with direct pressure from a wash cloth or loofah works best. (We developed our Sport formulations to be EXTREMELY water resistant. In fact, they FAR exceed the FDA's 80-minute max rating. Our sport formula meets those resistance standards for well over 5 HOURS, if not all day.
We'd never suggest not reapplying after 2-3 hours in the sun or after swimming or surfing or heavy sweating. But if you forget or get too busy, the Sport can save you from a lot of damage and/or burn/pain later.)
Same goes for our tubes of Vitamin Enhanced and/or Baby sunscreens, both of which contain beeswax (just not as much as our Sport, which comes in sticks and tins), which causes it to adhere to skin pores more resolutely than typical petrochemical junk products.
2) Our everyday and facial sunscreens don't contain beeswax and are not water resistant and should wash away much more easily, akin to those more typical products, although they contain just as much non-nano zinc oxide as our Sport, Vitamin Enhanced and Baby Sunscreens (the max allowed 25%).
3) Our lip balm also contains beeswax, but less than the Sport and should wash away more easily.
Ask us anything!
Email Mac questions about sunscreen, skincare or anything outdoors > email@example.com
1. Know your ingredients — Flip over your sunscreen and read the ingredients. We want everyone to know what good ingredients are, regardless of whether they use our products or not. Your health is worth it.
2. Buy safe sunscreen — Waxhead is dedicated to using only the healthiest, safest, most effective ingredients in our sunscreens. Shop Safe Sunscreen here.
3. Teach a friend — If you know someone who might still be buying sunscreen with questionable ingredients, please share this post with him/her.
25% Non Nano Zinc Oxide
Our travel-friendly, pocket size field tins contain the thickest, toughest, healthiest, non-nano zinc oxide sunscreen you'll find.
Stays on face to defend and nourish skin through through saltwater, pool water and sweat.
VIEW PRODUCT DETAILS